Our Meyer Lemons have finally started to all turn yellow and ripe on our 2 trees. Walker has been patiently waiting to pick them for months and today was finally the day! There were 4 lemons that were ready between the 2 trees and when I asked what we should do with them he quickly responded "Make Lemonade!"
He sat in his usual helper spot - sitting on the counter in the midst of it all - and helped me juice the lemons. After I juiced one of the lemons I tasted it before throwing it in the sink to see how the flavor was and Walker asked if he could do the same. I handed him the lemon half and he proceeded to bite a chunk out of the lemon skin and all! I couldn't help but laugh and he laughed also and said "That lemon is sour Mommy".
He then helped me scoop a few tablespoons of sugar into the jar and I caught him sneaking a taste of the sugar from the canister. He had a big smile and said "I really like this flour mom. It is very yummy!" He is definitely going to have my sweet tooth. I can remember growing up and looking for anything in the house with sugar to eat - which there wasn't thanks to my ultra healthy mama (to which I am so thankful now!) - so I always resorted to eating lemons dipped in sugar! I am sure Walker would have gladly done the same if I would have showed him my tricks but I decided I would let him figure it out on his own.
Lemonade made with home grown Meyer Lemons is yummy! Walker doesn't really drink lemonade - I think he has had it once at a friend's house - and he drank 2 glasses before our scooter ride/play date and then another glass when we got home.
He was sure to save some for his daddy to try when he got home from work. Adam still had his suit on but Walker wanted him to try it right away so he drank some right after he walked in the door. Adam talked about how good it was and Walker quickly responded "Yes, it is awesome."
I think awesome must be his new favorite word. When I asked him what his friends thought of his Shrek baby for show and tell he responded "Awesome."
He was telling me about his school day on the way to the park for our lunch date and he said "I had an awesome day mom. I am so glad I am in Mrs. Walstead's class." I am so happy that he is having a great year and comes out full of stories and beaming each day I pick up from school.
He had homework for the first time ever this week. He had to complete a wreath about things he was thankful for in his life.
Hopefully not in order of importance he said...
I am thankful for lovely crunchy leaves to step on.
I am thankful for hats.
I am thankful for batman masks.
I am thankful for bear hugs.
I am thankful for daddy.
I am thankful for mommy.
I am thankful for a big sand beach and beach toys.
I am thankful for being blessed to be his mama. He is such a sweet sweet soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment