Monday, May 4, 2009

Our friends Slimy and Big Boy Jack

Walker found 2 new friends hanging out on his shovel in the sandbox on Sunday.  Adam named one "Slimy" and Walker named the other "Big Boy Jack".  To say that he was interested in these snails, is an understatement!  He watched them all afternoon and then put them in a cup and had us carry them around for his bike ride around the neighborhood (I started off carrying them and then midway through the ride I slyly handed them off to Adam before he could realize that he was holding the cup with 2 snails) and then let them sleep in the cup on the coffee table outside last night.  They were the first things that he asked for when he woke up this morning and much to his dismay one had crawled out of the cup in the middle of the night.  His thought was so that he could get food because he didn't like the chocolate chip cookie that Walker had fed them last night.  Amazingly there was a snail - not sure if it was Slimy or Big Boy Jack - crawling on the patio and Walker was sure to pick him up and put him back in the cup and tell him to stay in that cup.  I was glad to see him letting it crawl on his hand because I had been worried I had passed on my phobia of all things slimy!  






No comments: